To paraphrase an ongoing Saugatuck Technology research position, the future of business lies not in Cloud or IT in any form, but in how forward-thinking business and IT users and leaders adapt and adopt Cloud and other IT – and themselves – to innovate, create, and improve business.
Since 2011, Saugatuck has worked to recognize and promote the most compelling, most innovative, and most creative firms with the annual Beacon Awards, which celebrate those organizations adopting and adapting Cloud and related, advanced technologies – e.g., Mobility, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Collaborative/Social IT – into digital business innovations that deliver real improvement and advantage for their organizations. We have celebrated a wide range of firms that have adapted advanced IT and themselves to reshape their business, their future, their markets, and their customer/partner networks and relationships. Past Beacon innovators include the following:
- Actelion Pharmaceutical, for its innovative data analytics methodology and architecture enabling exceptional cost reductions in program tracking and regulatory compliance.
- Citi, for its innovative private Cloud infrastructure that drastically reduces service provisioning times and improves service levels while reducing total cost of ownership.
- Harry Rosen, for its mobility-enabled, in-store, BYOD-driven customer relationship, sales and marketing approach that enabled significant and repeated revenue growth through recessionary environments.
- Johnson & Johnson, for its “sandbox”-driven, “skunkworks”-style comprehensive development and business improvement operations that enabled new opportunities, new business, reduced costs, and an improved ability to innovate in everything from product development to sales to customer support.
- com, which has utilized Cloud and related technologies to improve and expand global service availability and improve regulatory compliance, including ITAR and SOC 2 compliance, while reducing operating costs by as much as 30%, and cutting down internal resources dedicated to compliance and security by half.
- UBS, for its unique, repeatable and cost-effective approach to mobility and BYOD capabilities in support of sales revenues and customer retention, while maintaining the highest security and privacy levels required and possible.
Now, we want more. We know that there are countless firms, government agencies, NGOs and others that are breaking through boundaries and creating more ways of doing business – especially Digital Business. We’re inviting all to nominate or to be nominated. Continue reading Let’s Recognize Digital Business Brilliance